I hold myself to high standards when producing prints of my work, with my vendors hand-selected by me for their beautiful museum-quality prints. The same holds true for when I am teaching my workshops and classes. Below are testimonials from actual collectors and students of mine, highlighting the quality of my prints and my instruction.
- "I am writing to tell you how much I enjoyed your class on metering and focusing with the Sony Alpha Series cameras. For the first time, some of this, especially the metering, is beginning to make sense. It has emboldened me to move my camera off Aperture to Manual and begin exploring areas that I had not before ventured into." -M.H.
- “I got to know Rick Berk while taking a beginning photography class in Portland Maine some years back. Rick is a real gentleman, a patient teacher, a talented photographer and someone who is truly great to learn from. I have had him as a private teacher and shared adventures in night photography at lighthouses and the Coastal Botanical Gardens’ winter light show, plus traveled to scenic spots in Maine to address specific challenges like waterfalls. I have also had fun taking his Blue Hour classes all over the Maine coast. He knows how to teach and share his knowledge and passion for photography. At the same time he knows how to step back and let a student do her thing. I have learned to be open to ideas and experiment, make my own mistakes too. But at the end of the day I have always had some shots I can be very proud of.“ -D.S.
- "I attended a few Rick's workshops and always find them very informative and never regretted that I took them. Rick is a great instructor and shares his knowledge of techniques as well as places (which is very important to me)" -R.T.
- "Best class I have ever taken. Real instruction." - J.B.
- "Rick is a talented photographer who has an amazing ability to capture a scene and tell a story. His love of photographing nature is evident in his ability to create stunning photos that make you want to visit everywhere he shoots! On top of that, he is professional, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend him!" - Cheryl
- "I am thrilled with the print of Wonder Lake I received today,
Wow the definition of the [alluvial fans] and snow is really jaw dropping;
I am thrilled with my purchase!" - K.D.
- "Rick's work consistently depicts viewpoints of our world that in 10 to 15 years will no longer be available for us to see, experience and enjoy. Thank you for your historic contributions of our planet." -R.A.